Thursday, March 09, 2006

Native Inspired

Troubled

Oh Great Spirit I am troubled
I have come seeking my ancestors
Are they here? Do they know me?
I have seen a people with fire in their eyes and courage in their hearts.
Now I only see tracks as if done on hands and knees.
Have we forgotten to walk two footed and tall?
I have heard a people with voices which are clear and wise toned.
Their words tell stories and sing songs.
Why now do we seem so silent?
I have seen a people dancing graceful in movement.
They seem to leave the earth, and their faces full of joy.
Why now do we seem so heavy and strained?
I have seen a people of mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters.
They are passing love, knowledge, and history.
Why now do we seem so sad, angry, and distant to one another?
Oh, I am troubled
I have come seeking my ancestors
Are they here? Do they know my heart?
Do they know themselves?

No comments:

 
Site Meter